One of our employees, actually one of our favourite employees, had a baby boy named Isaiah a couple weeks ago. Before the baby came, he had proudly shown me the nursery he and his girlfriend created with a Winnie the Pooh theme and I didn't remember seeing much on the walls.
Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of character/cartoon themes but Winnie the Pooh, if it's done well, can be beautifully classic and that was my inspiration for their gift.
|I love how this turned out!|
What I used
- Ikea Ribba frame
- Metal letters from Dollarama that I bought ages ago
- Red acrylic craft paint
- Tissue paper
- Fine tip Sharpie
- Print out of a Winnie the Pooh line drawing from Google images
- Water-based craft varnish from Walmart
- White card stock
- Aileen's craft glue
- Paint the letters red (2-3 coats). Once the letters are fully covered & dry, paint with craft varnish.
- Trace the Winnie the Pooh image onto tissue paper using the Sharpie
- Lay the tissue paper image onto card stock and paint on the varnish to create the impression of a hand-drawn picture
- Once the varnish is dry, paint the leaf red then the cut the card stock to fit behind the matting
- Glue the letters onto the matting (centered at the bottom) then secure the image with tape to the frame backing before assembling.
|He's such a sweet little bear in black and white.|