Tuesday 8 March 2011

Let's begin!

If someone had told me last year that I'd be writing my own blog right now, I'd have told you there's no way.  As I get older I realize just how true it is that you should never say never!

So why am I blogging?  There are lots of reasons... to share with other women the trials, tribulations and triumphs of life.  To say the things that so many people don't say outloud... but most importantly, to seek out the thing I want most right now - to figure out who I am now that I have two small children and what I'm good at to try to build a career for myself.

I have always been an achiever.  Valedictorian (in grade 8 mind you!), Honour Roll, University Awards recipient etc. etc.  I have always been very fortunate to be able to do well in anything I put my mind to.  But (and for me this is big) I've never been GREAT at anything.  You're probably rolling your eyes right now, thinking I'm ridiculous.  But it's true.  I pick things up quickly but never truly excel.  It's frustrating.  Especially since my SO is ridiculously talented when it comes to restauranteuring (is that a word?!). 

Equally frustrating is I have very poor follow-through unless there's a looming deadline.  So basically if I set-out to do something on my own and there's no one but me to keep me accountable, it's pretty much doomed from the get-go!  I guess that's why I gravitate to things that have quick results like sewing & baking in my day-to-day.

I want to use this blog to catalogue my projects, my challenges and my insights.  I don't know if anyone will be interested in this journey, but if you do join me I'd love to hear from you!

- Jacs

No comments:

Post a Comment