Saturday 2 April 2011

Easy Cheesecake Truffles



I stumbled upon this recipe 2 years ago, made it once and hadn't thought about it until the other day.  I'm hosting a get-together this evening for a group of my friends and wanted something sweet to balance the savoury nibblies.  These are easy, beautiful and delicious.


Ingredients:
1 package Fudgee-os OR Oreos
1 package cream cheese @ room temperature
6-8 oz chocolate
Wax paper

1. Place cookies in a food processor & pulse until the cookies are crumbled. 
2. Mix thoroughly with the cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Place a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet.
4. Scoop teaspoon sized amounts of the cookie and cream cheese mixture into your hand and roll them into balls then place them on the wax paper. I tried to make mine app. 3/4" in size. (This step took me over an hour - I'm not sure if I'm just slow!) 
5. Melt the chocolate
6. Using a toothpick or fork, dip the balls into the chocolate - try to let as much excess chocolate drip off as possible to prevent large pools forming at the bottom of the truffles.
7. Place baking sheet in the fridge to set the chocolate.
8. Remove from the fridge app. 30min before serving.  Keep any extras refridgerated.


Side notes:
I did a double batch - the Oreos make a cookies & cream flavour while the Fudgee-os make a fudgey chocolate flavour.  I found that I had to wash my hands frequently with the Oreo mixture because it was really sticky.

I used semi-sweet chocolate to cover the Oreo truffles and milk chocolate to cover the Fudgee-o truffles.  I finished them by flicking (?! - not sure how else to desribe it!) melted chocolate in a different colour/flavour over the tops.  I bet the Oreo truffles would be delicious covered with white chocolate.  I'll try that the next time I make these.



Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yummm!!! I had no idea it was that simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuuuuummmmmmy! and they look great on that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I made these for a staff party the other day, and they were a HIT! I'll definitely be making these again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I'm so glad you (and your co-workers)enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete