I've been gathering materials and tools to create the invites for over 2 weeks now. I finally sat down last night to finalize the design and think I've found the one I'm going to use.
My goal was to incorporate the dot, flower, butterfly theme of her cake-to-be and keep the feel pretty but still slightly modern & graphic. I think it ended up feeling more vintage than modern!
I had a couple misses because I was trying very hard to use a very sweet butterfly punch I found at Michael's... but it just wasn't meant to be given the look & colour scheme that I wanted.
In the end I used:
- Round hole paper punch (Michael's)
- Rubber initial 'a' stamp (Michael's)
- Dotted line stamp (Michael's)
- Die-cut butterflies & flowers (Dollarama)
- Off-white pre-made blank cards w/ included envelopes (Michael's)
Here are some pics - my apologies that they aren't the best in the world! I took them around 7:30am so the light isn't great and I found it difficult trying to capture images that show you how they look.
I tried 3 different variations within the design scheme and then did a 2nd of each one to see how it would translate over multiple cards because I want each one that I send out to be a little different.
|The 1st version|
|All 3 versions x 2|
|1st Version - closed on the left showing the front of the card, open on the right showing the inside.|
|2nd Version - closed on the left showing the front of the card, open on the right showing the inside.|
The 3rd and final version is the one I think I'm going to use. It has a line of dots stamped in the same colour as the 'a' on the front and both flowers and butterflies showing through the holes.
|3rd Version - closed on the left showing the front of the card, open on the right showing the inside.|
Next task: Stamped Party Napkins