Wednesday 11 January 2012

Conversations with a 3 Year Old: Not a Good Surprise

There are more mornings than I'd like to admit we choose sleep over getting up early and making sure Mason has breakfast before we leave for school.  On those (ahem) mornings, I stop at McD's and get a large coffee for me and an egg Mcmuffin for the little man.

One morning DH suggested that Mason try a Bacon 'n Egg McMuffin and he was SO excited.  I can't explain how 3 year olds seem to delight in anything and everything.  It's so refreshing and one of the many things I love about this age, and on this particular morning he wanted to make sure I ordered it properly. 

We pull up to the drive-through window:
Me: Hi I'd like to order a large coffee double double and a Bacon 'n Egg McMuffin please
Mason (in the background): Bacon McMuffin Mommy!
Me:  Yes, sweetie that's what I ordered

As we move forward to the 1st window to pay:
Mason:  Mommy, did you order a Bacon Mc Muffin? I want a Bacon one.... a BACON one!
Me:  Yes honey I did don't you worry

We pay and I go to the 2nd window to pick up the order:
McD lady: Be careful the muffin is hot
Me: Ok, thank you!

We pull away, I put my coffee in the cup holder and pass the bag back to Mason then turn onto the road to head to school.  He opens the bag:
Mason: Mommy, it's a muffin
Me: Yes, a Bacon 'n Egg McMuffin like you wanted
Mason: NO!  Mommy, it's blueberry!
Me:  What?  Pass me the bag.
Mason (very seriously from the back seat): This is NOT a good surprise.

Stifling my laughter, we turned around immediately and went back to make the trade.  I laughed all the way to school!  I just adore him.

1 comment:

  1. Well Mason, it may not be a good surprise, but it does make for a great story!

    ReplyDelete